The development of the dairy industry has been based on an assumption that everyone wants the largest quantity for the lowest price. Increasingly, consumers are proving that assumption wrong. They recognize that cheap abundance has detrimental hidden costs and are seeking to invest food dollars in regenerative systems that reflect their values.
- Quality nutrition and artisan varieties
- Humanely raised livestock
- Environmental restoration and resource protection
- Quality of life and fair prices for farmers
- Sustainable rural development
A triple-bottom-line (profit, planet, people) initiative that recognizes that value, the impact, and the community are inextricably linked, the New Dairy Concept can be the basis for regional and specialty consumer markets as well as emerging environmental services markets.